This placement will see me based at the University of Melbourne working with some of their 31 amazing museum collections. I will be undertaking several different projects with these collections to further develop my curatorial and collections managment skills . . . I know I'm going to have lots of fun along the way too!!

Wednesday 25 July 2012

Installing my display

I had my final day with the Print Collection today and had to install my display titled Leaves from the Literary Garden, which will be on the 2nd floor of the Baillieu Library for the Hidden Treasures Festival this coming weekend. I really enjoyed this particular project and, although I have had some experince of organising displays before, I have never worked with this kind of material. I was challenged by the research and planning that went into supporting and displaying such rare books, but I am so pleased with the end result. Learning to create book cradles, an important part of the preparation process, is a great skill that I know will be really useful to me in the future. The display will be part of a tour over the weekend, so I hope that the visitors enjoy it!

Putting the finishing touches to one of my four cases

The introductory case to my botanical book display

With one of my display cases and looking very pleased with myself too!

No comments:

Post a Comment